Application Guidance for the Grant
for Global Health Research Collaboration
The Nagasaki University WISE Programme for Global Health, Global Health Elite Programme for Building a Healthier World (“the Programme”) is launching a new research funding scheme, the Grant for Global Health Research Collaboration (“the Grant”) with aim to create a new cross-disciplinary research platform. The Grant aims to break down its academic boundaries by inviting researchers from multi-disciplinary fields beyond biomedical sciences.
The Grant will be available for faculty who supervises both master’s degree and/or doctoral students in the Graduate School of Global Humanities and Social Sciences; the Graduate School of economics; the Graduate School of Engineering; the Graduate School of Fisheries and Environmental Sciences and the Graduate School of Education. The Grant primary supports research projects that are closely relevant/appropriate to the field of Global Health. Applications with limited research experience in Global Health are also welcome.
We look forward to receiving applications from all the graduate schools!
2. Financial support
≪Amount of the Grant≫
- Maximum of JPY500,000 / project (The overall grant’s budget is JPY7,000,000)
(*The allocation of amount will be determined based on the submitted budget plan)
≪Financial support period≫
- The Grant can be spent from the award date and must be spent in full by 31 Mar 2024.
- The Grant can be spent on expenditures that are required to conduct the research project but must be spend in accordance with the set budget regulations by MEXT.
(i.e. equipment, consumables, travel costs, honorarium for research assistant)
- Applicant must hold the position at least as an Assistant Professor at Nagasaki University.
- Applicant must be supervising student(s) either at Graduate School of Global Humanities and Social Sciences, the Graduate School of economics,the Graduate School of Engineering or the Graduate School of Fisheries and Environmental Sciences or Graduate School of Education.
- Applicant who can demonstrate and carry out a research project that are relevant/appropriate to the field of Global Health.
≪How to apply≫
Please download the Application form from the programme website and upload the completed form in the NU drive online storage. If you resubmit the application form after the first submission, please make sure to rename the resubmitted application so that we know which application is the latest.
NU Drive Online storage:https://nudrive.nagasaki-u.ac.jp/public/KAYhAylAJkAYP6_XjqViFOmOKyrAR-Xq_ppxhiheT00w
Submission deadline: Monday, 21 August 2023
- Head of the NU WISE Progamme acts as a Head of Assessment Committee
- The Assessment Committee will consist of NU WISE Programme Coordinator, Deans of the Graduate School of Engineering; the Graduate School of Fisheries and Environmental Sciences ,the Graduate School of Education and the Graduate School of economics.
The Grant’s funding decision are made basis of the submitted application documents. Applicants may be invited for an interview.
- Foster human recourses: Whether the project has potentiality to foster new personnel in the field of Global Health
- Continuity: Potentiality of continuation of the project after the Grant is terminated
- Development: Potentiality to collaborate with other institutions and/or private sectors to expand the area of research
- Excellence: The overall excellence of the project and how innovatively it can develop
- Academic: How the project cross over the multi-disciplinary research areas
The selection result will be announce on Monday, 2 October 2023 on the WISE Programme website.
- Submission of a final report will be required after the Grant’s support period is over
- Faculty involved in the project to be appointed as a NU WISE Progamme member
- Faculty and students involved in the project will be encouraged to attend events and symposium organized by the NU WISE Progamme
Admin office of the Nagasaki University WISE Programme (TMGH admin office)
Tel: 095-819-7583 (Sakamoto campus)